Write to this contact
Adaptation of governance
In its two years of its existence, ReFinE has grown and the number of projects has proliferated. It is now essential that governance of the network be adapted as well, with it operating on the basis of a two-person team. Kévin Beaubrun-Diant, Scientific Director of ReFinE and Senior Lecturer, Paris-Dauphine PSL University, supported by a steering committee (composed of a representative of each of the founding members), is both the network’s project leader and its academic “voice”. In view of the new directions that the ILB wants ReFinE to take, namely to get closer to real estate practitioners and to open up to European networks, it is important that someone with a different yet complementary profile should join the network alongside the scientific director. Accordingly, Béatrice Guedj, Head of Research & Innovation, Swiss Life Asset Managers, will have, in conjunction with Kévin, the onerous but exciting task of mobilising the real estate industry around the work and new challenges of ReFinE.
REFINE (REAL ESTATE FINANCE AND ECONOMICS NETWORK)
The project arose from the following observation: commercial real estate is an important specific asset class for investors (institutional investors, unlisted investment funds, listed real estate companies, developers, etc.), but scientific research in this area is still underdeveloped, particularly in France.
COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE RESEARCH NETWORK
The Institut Louis Bachelier, with the participation of the Directorate General of the Treasury, has launched an academic research network of excellence dedicated to commercial real estate.
The purpose of this research network is to promote and develop scientific research at the French and European levels relating to commercial real estate, i.e. real estate held on behalf of third parties, in particular office space.
The commercial real estate research network, supported by the French Association of Real Estate Investment Companies (ASPIM), the company Iread (Immobilier Recherche Etudes Analyses Data) and the Institut de l’Epargne Immobilière et Foncière (IEIF) will work in partnership with the stock market and real estate index provider MSCI and the Banque de France. One of its objectives is to establish more effective dialogue between the public authorities, the real estate industry and scientific research.
- Mobilisation of high-level researchers in the field of commercial real estate
- Provision of data for the benefit of the network’s researchers
- Publications in international scientific journals
- Building bridges between researchers and real estate professionals
- Organisation of events (workshops, conferences, symposiums, etc.)
- Dissemination of the research beyond academia through the popularisation of scholarly work
The governance of the network is structured around three committees with complementary missions.
A Steering Committee responsible for monitoring the progress of the work, composed of nine members:
- Kevin Beaubrun-Diant, Senior Lecturer, Paris Dauphine University, PSL Research University
- Jean-Michel Beacco, Director General, Institut Louis Bachelier
- Léonore Raguideau-Hannotin, Deputy Head of Office – Financial Sector Economic Analysis Unit
- Béatrice Guedj, Director of Research and Innovation, Swiss Life REIM
- Pierre Schoeffler, Senior Advisor IEIF
- Bertrand Villeneuve, Professor, Paris Dauphine University, PSL Research University
An Orientation Committee responsible for defining the research topics to be called for.
- Chaired by the representative of the French Directorate General of the Treasury
- One representative from each of the data providers
- One representative from each of the founding members of the network
A Scientific Committee responsible for evaluating research projects, composed of four members:
- Kevin Beaubrun-Diant, Paris-Dauphine PSL University
- Jean-Charles Bricongne, Banque de France, European Commission
- Julie Le Gallo, Professor, University of Burgundy Franche-Comté
- Stéphane Grégoir, Professor and Dean, Toulouse School of Economics
Type of program : Interdisciplinary Program